Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Angels

Two incidents happened last weekend that made wonder about angelic interactions.

Saturday we all went to Lowes and Pickle and Carrot wanted to just hang in the car so mom stayed with them and Noodle and I went in.  I was carrying Noodle through the parking lot and as I got to the edge I slipped. My left leg went flying out in front of me. I could tell my right foot was on ice too and I was waiting to fall down and bring Carrot with me to the concrete. However my right leg was fine and I stood there waiting but didn't fall. We just kept on going but that little act seemed to defy physics, so I suspect an angel kept us from falling.

This isn't the first time an angel has prevented one of you from falling. A month or two ago Carrot was on the top bunk, trying to help me make the bed. You were helping stretch out the sheet and stood up and backed up over the edge but rather than tumble down onto your head you simply sat down on the railing. That's not what the law of conservation of momentum says should've happened. Praise God for protecting you, all of us, with His angels!

The same thing happened to Pickle many years ago in Waterloo. You were playing on the top bunk bed and all of a sudden decided to all but run off the side. Instead of falling off you just bumbed off nothing and sat straight down. With the momentum/ inertia you had you should've gone flying but you didn't. Had to be an angel, but we'll have to wait until heaven to find out for sure.

The other event this weekend was less based on physics and more on I don't know what else to attribute. Pickle, you have a real stigma about speaking to anyone anything that anyone else wants spoken. You are happy to talk, but only your ideas to who you want to speak to. Mom and I have had a hard time getting you to practice your Awana verses lately, or I should say verse because you wouldn't even say one for us this past week, but somehow you said _five_ verses Sunday evening to your teacher. I asked if you'd been secretly studying at midnight but you denied that. Perhaps you're being taught by angels?